Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Songs for Y'all - Old School Music Rules My Soul

I grew up in an area where real music ruled. I heard it everywhere. The music was so good and there were so many fabulous artist and entertainers you did not know what to listen to. They all had their own sound and style. They had it all, i.e. vocally, lyrically, and musically. So what if today's music is garbage and guaranteed to dumb you down and make you hostile and crazy. The music of the past is a wonderful alternative. It's just waiting for your to discover or rediscover.

I like songs and music that touch me spiritually and emotionally. The song must move me and take me higher. I also appreciate songs that teaches a life lesson.

For example the songs Let Me Put My Head in It (Theotis Ealey) & Dont't Let the Joneses Get You Down (Tempations) are great life lessons. The first teaches young girls a trick dudes will use to get you in all kind of trouble. You know once the head is in, there ain't no turning back. Girls don't fall that old trick. The Temptations tell us live within our means and stopped trying to keep up with folks who are probably up to their ears in death.

I dedicate to you all A Song For You (Temptations & Donny Hathaway) and Don't Take Away the Music (Tavares).
I had a Difficult times narrowing down the songs. Please go to you tube and listen, then come back and voice your opinion on each song.

Enjoy

No comments: