Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Hunted - The Vampire Huntress Series *****5 Stars

As always, I am not going to write a long review.  You can visit amazon to read lengthy reviews.  I simply loved The Hunted.  I first read this book in September and I have just completed reading it the second time(Dec 1, 2011).  I am re-reading the series.  I am amazed that I am finding pages that I seemed to have missed entirely.  I'm like was I half asleep the first time.  For example, I vaguely remember the Team in Bahia with Kamal and his men, the Wear Humans.   However, I don't recall all of the commotion between Kamal and Shabazz.

Carlos is back from near permanent death.  He and Damali finally consummates their relationship, but all is not well.  Carlo's soul still hangs in the balance, and he is double crossing the Vampire Counsel.  A Wear Demon, has hijacked a synthetic Neteru scent and has Carlos going crazy and kickin' his boo, Damali, to the curve.   Of course he thinks she is a second level vamp.  Damali warns him that the chick is a wear demon.  Vampires are at the top of the food chain and don't mess with wear demons physically.

I dedicate the following songs to the Hunted:

Court of Love - The Unifics
Evelyn Champagne King - Shame(Live Midnight Special)
Evelyn Champagne King - Shame - Live in London 2010
You, Me, & He - Mtume
I Want To Make It With You - Main Ingredient
Love Don't Love NoBody - The Spinners
It's A Shame (1973- Spinners
And The Beat Goes On - Whispers
I Only Meant to Wet My Feet - Whispers
You Can't Hide Love - Perry & Sanlin
Hello It's Me 1974 - Isley Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment