Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For the Love of Ivy - Vampire Huntress Series

I love this movie. I think what makes me love it is Sidney. I love his dignified, quiet, classy persona. He appeals to me tremendously.

Sidney's character is somewhat shady. However, he isn't all that bad really. He is really pretty decent. He is forced to take out this young woman who is a maid, Ivy. Ivy is lonely and she want to leave her employers and move to the city and meet people (men). She is afraid that another 10 years will pass and she will be alone and still a maid. She wants to better herself by taking a secretarial course. Sidney is a reluctance suitor. Ivy just wants someone to love and Sidney's character is it.

I think many Black women can appreciate and relate to Ivy. Though Sidney's character is a part time hustler and part time business man, he is very gentlemanly, well mannered and respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment