Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Darkness - Vampire Huntress Series

Y'all,

You all already know by now I love this series.  So I am not going to do any long reviews.  You can visit Amazon and read the reviews if you like.

I will say I absolutely have fallen in love with Yolando (Yonnie).  I love his personality.  He talks some straight bs.  Yonnie has been playing both sides of the fence.  He has been elevated to Master Vampire status, yet he is a double agent.  He's bring the goods (information) to Carlos and the Guardian team.  I really felt sorry for Yonnie.  He is out there by himself really.  Carlos is his only true friend.  Tara has gone back to Ryder and she is no longer his vampire mate. 

L.A. Banks re-introduces Val and she is a straight trip.  I love the scenes when she first encounters Yonnie on the beach and his reaction to her.  I also loved the scene when she is eating with the guardian team.  I died laughing.  Humor in a story is a good thing.  Mrs. Banks adds two other characters by bringing in Inez's mama and daughter, and mama is annoying and self-righteous as all get out.  This is what makes these stories so enjoyable to read.  You can relate to the personality types - you know real people.


Lilith and the one not be named is hiding their heir, the Anti-Christ.  Nuit has been brought back to life by Lilith with the permission of her husband. 

I have one small issue.  She list and gives props to the greek philosophers, not mentioning that there is no such thing as greek philosophy.  This is why I felt compelled to include in this thread George James' Stolen Legacy.  However, I realize that this could be just stealth on her part.

Theme Song (s) for The Darkness:

Hey Girl (I Like Your Style)  - Temptations
I Want A Love I Can See - Temptations
Let Me Make Love To You - The O'Jays
We Both Deserve Each Other's Love - LTD - Jeffrey Osborne
Crazy Bout Cha' - Jefferey Osborne
Heaven Must Be Like This - Ohio Players
Oh Girl - Chi-Lites
Ooh Child - Stair Steps

No comments:

Post a Comment